Lu Kondor has a broad background in technical writing, business analysis, and engineering with experience at major visual motion picture and visual effects studios in the entertainment industry, such as Sony Pictures Entertainment, and corporate environments such as Southern California Edison. She is a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Senior Member of the Society for Technical Communication, the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators, and Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business. Lu holds a doctorate in business management and is currently adjunct faculty at CSUDH.
Along with various types of technical writing, documentation and communication, Lu has experience in developing training materials for end users using various types of media including video, PowerPoint, and web. In addition to software and motion picture experience, her professional experience includes traditional and digital photography as well as video production/post production allowing for the enhancement of training and technical materials.
- Extensive Technical Writing & Editing
- Substantial Experience in Creating and Writing Policies & Procedures
- End-User Documentation
- Wide-ranging Experience in Writing and Implementing Training Documentation
- Instructor, Lecturer – Corporate and University Settings
- Photography & Digital Media Work (Compositing & Photoshop)
- Content Designer
- Business Analyst
Lu has managed large-scale documentation projects and had received a Project Management Certificate from the California Institute of Technology and a certificate in Technical Communication from UCLA. Interests include qualitative research, examining team communication dynamics in software engineering, training, and technical communication in teams. Feature film credits include Beowulf, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Curious George, Arthur Christmas, and Hotel Transylvania. Lu is also an avid blogger.
- Public Sample Materials Available Online
- Additional examples of technical writing are available upon request. Please Request to Non-public Examples via Password – you can do this by clicking here and using the handy form available on this site’s contact page
- Photographic Portfolio Available Online
- Training & Academics Info
- Technical Communication Blog